February 26, 2011

Nani: Not Easy To Give Up On United


Nani: Not Easy To Give Up On United. Boss Alex Ferguson has compared him to Cristiano Ronaldo in his amazing progression.

But the Portuguese wing wonder admits that not so long ago he was having a good hard think about his future after being left out of the big games.

Less than 18 months ago, it looked as though Nani’s Manchester United career was over. He couldn’t get in to the team, cut a miserable figure when he did play and rarely showed end product.
  
“I always tell everyone I have ambition and it is not easy to give up on Manchester United,” said Nani.  

“But at the same time you come to Manchester United to play. I am feeling so good with the team now and I have been doing so well, but I know I can do much more. 

That is why I’m training hard every day and staying fit for every game. It’s good to have so many goals and assists. 

And it’s so good to know that when you are on the pitch your confidence is so high you want the ball all the time, because everything is going so well. 

It’s good that people are looking to me because this is my life – I do everything for the football and I want to get even better. 

It’s my best season at United, but the most important thing is to win the trophies with the team. When I have won the trophies, I will look back at how I have contributed.”

Nani said: "Ronaldo spoke to me before the Marseille game and told me how well I'm doing. We're big friends."