March 04, 2011

Carrick Signs New Manchester United Contract

Michael Carrick has signed a new contract with Manchester United that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2014.

Although Carrick has not enjoyed the best of seasons, he has improved in recent games, and with Sir Alex Ferguson beginning the process of reshaping his squad he was keen to keep the 29-year-old who joined from Tottenham in 2006.


Speaking to the club's official website, Ferguson said: "I am delighted Michael has signed a new contract. He has been outstanding since joining us from Tottenham Hotspur in 2006, he is a true professional and it’s great he has committed his future to the club."

Also speaking to the United website, the player expressed his delight with his new deal.

Carrick said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at this great club. There is fantastic team spirit within the squad and I'm pleased to have committed my future to United.

"We are in a very good position at the moment and I am confident this team will be successful for many years to come.”