January 31, 2009

BERBATOV: I FEEL AT HOME HERE

Dimitar Berbatov feels completely settled at Old Trafford, and even though his recent form has been excellent he says there's more to come.The in-form 27-year-old recently took his goals tally to 11 for the season following a prolific few weeks in which he's struck goals against Middlesbrough, Chelsea, Bolton, Tottenham and West Brom - so, watch out Everton on Saturday.

He's also chipped in with nine assists, making him the most creative player in the Premier League this season. It's all down to his unique talent and style being allowed to flourish freely among the best players he's ever played with.“I feel completely settled here,” he says. “I felt that way from the minute I walked into the dressing room.

The boys have been great. It’s like I’ve been here for years. I was made to feel part of the team straight away, and I think things clicked quite early on.“That was a big relief for me. Sometimes if it doesn’t feel like home, you can’t adapt on or off the pitch. But it was so easy for me to settle here.”But Berbatov, who describes himself as a perfectionist, isn’t satisfied just yet. “I want to train hard and continue to show what I can do in games,” he adds. “Everyone here has talent, but you need to develop the talent God gives you, work hard and, with a bit of luck, you’ll succeed.”Read an exclusive interview with Berbatov in Saturday's United Review.