January 13, 2011

UNITED News: Kuszczak believes he is good enough to be United no.1

Kuszczak told the Manchester Evening News: "I know I have not got the biggest name in the world, and I do not want this to sound arrogant... I think I am good enough. I have talked to the boss (Sir Alex Ferguson) a few times and he said we will see what happens at the end of the season.

"I know that in the meantime if I get a chance I have to play well because that is the only way I am going to impress him. If Sir Alex Ferguson decides I am not good enough, then I will look for another club.

"Everything is open now. I am realistic about my situation. It would not frighten me to take over as Edwin successor. Why should it? I am not new here. If I play for this club long term I will be really happy because that has always been my dream. I came to Manchester to try to be a top goalkeeper for many years like my idol Peter Schmeichel."

Kuszczak believes he is good enough to be United no.1